Featuring Zac Keener
With tawny fescue grasses, towering sand dunes, massive fairways, and breathtaking views of the Puget Sound and snow-capped Olympic Mountains, Chambers Bay brings the traditions of Scottish linksland to the Pacific Northwest. Some of golf’s great championships have been decided on these fairways and greens. Located in University Place, Washington, this 18-hole, walking-only golf course provides an authentic links experience for players of every ability. This bucket list 18-hole championship golf course will deliver a world class experience for every golfer on your buddy trip!
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- Chambers Bay was an old Rock and Sand Quary; In fact, a lot of the sand base layer of most golf courses came from this site. Sorting Bins still exist on the course today.
- Located on Puget Sound; and has everything the Pacific Northwest is notorious for. Rain, islands, Mt. Rainier
- 45mins from Sea-Tac International Airport
- #24 of the greatest golf courses by Golf Digest
- A true links course spanning 250 acres except for the ONE iconic tree named: The Lone Fir
- A Robert Trent Jones walking course only
- Home to 2015 US Open
Key Resources Mentioned:
- For Buddies Trips, there are 3 golf courses within 50 minute drive of Chambers Bay: Home Course in Dupont and Golf Mountain Golf Complex in Bremerton
- Lots of great golf in the area and they have a nice packages for buddies that include Chambers Bay and others
- Hosting 2021 US Amateur 4-ball championship;
- Washington State Amateur in August
- Pacific Northwest 4 ball – 3 course layout (open to the public!)
- Signature 15 hole – Par 3
- Social Six – 6 hole loop with tastings from local distilleries
- Tacoma is close, but it has plenty of lodging like Silver Cloud Hotel and restaurants
- Chambers Bay Grill – you can see all 18 holes of the golf course; Try the Chowder!
- One of the only western facing restaurants – Killer Sunsets
- Other great places: Asado (Argentine chophouse), Ruston Waterfront, down in Tacoma
- Don’t leave without experiencing the greater park system before or after your trip. Essential meadow, public beach, Great biking, hiking and fishing.
Mention The Golf Trip Authority Podcast and receive…
- The ULTIMATE BUDDIES TRIP (WORLD PREMIER RIGHT HERE ON OUR SHOW!)
- Contact Anthony Shipman for a VERY special offer to groups of eight or more and your trip leader. Just mention the podcast upon reservation to redeem this gift from the Club.
Guest Contact Information:
Stay Connected to get weekly golf trip goodness delivered straight to your earbones!
It was the vision of Primland’s founder, Didier Primat, to create a place of immense beauty that offered his guests a return to simple human pleasures in an environment of refined authenticity and sensuality. He developed Primland in an eco-conscious and thoughtful manner, as the ultimate retreat for world-class golf, refined dining and outdoor activities.
The Highland Course at Primland showcases breathtaking mountainous views at every turn. The 18-hole Audubon-certified course was carved from the natural landscape of the mountains by renowned golf course architect, Donald Steel. Not only does Primland offer a top ranked, bucket list golf course, it offers a unique collection of outdoor activities that provide you and your buddies an incredible connection to the outdoors like nowhere else.
On a 415-acre tract of swampland in northeast Florida, the history of golf would be altered forever. On that site, ground was broken for what would become THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. Opening in 1980, THE PLAYERS Stadium was built to challenge the pros like no other golf course had done before, while providing an unprecedented experience for spectators at the same time. Renowned architect Pete Dye began to scribble on a placemat drawing out the makings of a course. The rest is history.
Now, as the world headquarters of professional golf, and the home to THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP, the golf courses at TPC Sawgrass offer an unparalleled experience boasting two immaculately-maintained golf courses, both designed by the legendary Pete Dye.
Along with the Sawgrass Marriott® Golf Resort & Spa, TPC Sawgrass offers you and your buddies a PGA Tour Experience like none other. As a host to several PGA TOUR and Korn Ferry Tour events and home to several PGA TOUR pros, this bucket list destination will indulge the competitive spirit of your buddy golf trip.
Your Bucket List experience at Forest Dunes is purely a golf one. You won’t find a pool or spa here, just 54 memorable golf holes cut through the northern Michigan forest. Some say they are in the middle of nowhere, but that’s what they like about it.
Nestled on 500 acres of heavily wooded land within the Huron National Forest, Forest Dunes has become one of the country’s most peaceful and exciting golf experiences. It is home to the celebrated Tom Weiskopf-designed, parkland-style classic, Forest Dunes course, and the innovative reversible Tom Doak course, called the Loop.
It doesn’t stop there, Forest Dunes is proud to have opened its 10-hole, short course this year next to its exciting 18-hole Hilltop putting course! At Forest Dunes, you will escape and experience world class golf with small town hospitality in this ultimate buddies’ trip getaway.