Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort and Spa
(a.k.a. TPC Sawgrass)
Featuring Brad Scott
On a 415-acre tract of swampland in northeast Florida, the history of golf would be altered forever. On that site, ground was broken for what would become THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. Opening in 1980, THE PLAYERS Stadium was built to challenge the pros like no other golf course had done before, while providing an unprecedented experience for spectators at the same time. Renowned architect Pete Dye began to scribble on a placemat drawing out the makings of a course. The rest is history.
Now, as the world headquarters of professional golf, and the home to THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP, the golf courses at TPC Sawgrass offer an unparalleled experience boasting two immaculately-maintained golf courses, both designed by the legendary Pete Dye.
Along with the Sawgrass Marriott® Golf Resort & Spa, TPC Sawgrass offers you and your buddies a PGA Tour Experience like none other. As a host to several PGA TOUR and Korn Ferry Tour events and home to several PGA TOUR pros, this bucket list destination will indulge the competitive spirit of your buddy golf trip.
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- Sawgrass is the home of The PLAYERS championship with 36 holes of golf offered with the iconic Stadium Course – Dye’s Valley is a hidden gem that has water on 14 of the 18 holes!
- Best time of the year is in early Spring before the Players Championship and in December after the over-seeding has had a chance to grow in. Only 45 minutes from Jacksonville’s airport!
- The Stadium course is 100% walking only with a great caddie program. Dye’s Valley is typically 90 degrees with when using carts.
- The Yard is a new 9 hole course that has been added recently and is adjacent to the Stadium Course
Key Resources Mentioned (No URLS):
- The Sawgrass Marriott offers both hotel and villa accommodations on the property. Perfect for groups and conveniently located to the main clubhouse.
- The Cabana Beach club is open to the guest of the Marriott and is situated right on the Atlantic beach
- Shuttles are provided on a complimentary basis to get your groups from point to point on the resort
- The resort offers two great restaurants – Vernon’s (fine dining) and Alice and Pete’s Pub are great options on property.
- Graeme McDowell’s restaurant – Nona Blue is another restaurant not to miss when in Ponte Vedra
- There is a floating hole (70 yards) just outside the clubhouse and all proceeds are donated to the local First Tee in Ponte Vedra
- The Sawgrass Marriott Resort and Spa was recently rated in the top ten for buddy golf trips!
- Check out the World Golf Hall of Fame that is located only 30 minutes away.
Mention The Golf Trip Authority Podcast and Receive…
- Brad and his team have a VERY special offer to groups of eight or more. Just mention the podcast upon arrival to redeem this gift from the Club
Stay Connected to get weekly golf trip goodness delivered straight to your earbones!
Bandon Dunes is true to the spirit of Scotland’s ancient links.
Here, players immerse themselves in the traditions of a timeless game and the grandeur of Oregon’s rugged coast. Sweeping, untamed shores stretch for miles. Primeval grassy dunes roll to the sea.
Six distinctly different courses have been conceived in harmony with the natural environment. They combine with all the essential elements to reveal a new golf experience every time you play. The soul of the game resides here. Players walk. And at the end of the day, gracious hospitality comforts each guest like a warm, friendly embrace.
This is Bandon Dunes. This is golf as it was meant to be.
Located amid the breathtaking mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and world-class resort that has been welcoming guests from around the world since 1778. The natural mineral springs that drew their first guests over 235 years ago continue to lure visitors to the 11,000 acre luxury retreat today. With a guest list that includes 27 of our country’s 45 Presidents, America’s Resort has long been a favorite destination of royalty, celebrities and business leaders.
Today, The Greenbrier invites a new generation to come out and play. You and your buddies can enjoy 54 holes of golf trip goodness and indulge on a menu amazing adventures that make buddies trips truly memorable. At the Greenbrier, you’ll find endless buddies trip possibilities around every corner.
It was the vision of Primland’s founder, Didier Primat, to create a place of immense beauty that offered his guests a return to simple human pleasures in an environment of refined authenticity and sensuality. He developed Primland in an eco-conscious and thoughtful manner, as the ultimate retreat for world-class golf, refined dining and outdoor activities.
The Highland Course at Primland showcases breathtaking mountainous views at every turn. The 18-hole Audubon-certified course was carved from the natural landscape of the mountains by renowned golf course architect, Donald Steel. Not only does Primland offer a top ranked, bucket list golf course, it offers a unique collection of outdoor activities that provide you and your buddies an incredible connection to the outdoors like nowhere else.